Saturday 23 October 2010

Tea and Biscuit's Pt 2

Okay, for a man who doesn't take back what he says, this is a retraction of sorts. Peak, eh!?
I just had to ask an MC I know, if he did anything but 'spit about guns he don't own, and therefore doesn't actually fire' in the last freestyle he asked me to watch. Frankly, f*ck off with that sh*t fam. I find it sheepish to perpetuate an image rather than innovate. All it shows is wasted potential; because I know that's not who he is, it's who he'd like to be in his wildest ill-conceived dreams.
My 'retraction' comes out of the fact that although roads has it's 'run of the mill Badboys', it has it's fare share of monster's too...


There are people with various types of guns 'in the bits', and furthermore they will and do use them. Of all the age groups or demographics associated with Gun Crime or even violent crime, the young one's are most at risk/volatile. Being that I grew up in the bits and have known people actively involved in 'road life' I have held a working gun, and I can tell there's something overwhelming about it.

Excuse the fact that I speak in riddles, but I'll never forget the voodoo that the thing held sitting in my hand. Maybe it was the impetuous nature of youth, but one things for sure, I heard it whisper "kill your enemies". I think that really helped me in who I am today, I wasn't impressed when the leng told me 'how good it was at murder'.

Last Night, two men in Balaclava's opened fire on a group of people (I hate the word gang, so I won't use it, it entirely fails to convey the idea of 'Gangland') and a 16 Year Old by the name of Samuel Adelagun died from a gun shot wound. I'm saddened, truth is I never knew who this young man was.
I do however know that his name was supposed to be for something better than this, frankly anyone proclaiming him their fallen soldier doesn't love this boy, and furthermore they'll remember him as a reminder of why war is ugly in years to come.

R.I.P. Samuel Adelagun

Hopefully this sad passing will act as catalyst to peace, rather than pre-cursor to more violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment