Saturday 11 December 2010

Priorities...

Are a really funny thing.

The more I look at the world we live in, the more I feel many have their priorities incredibly skewed.

I must say I'm a misanthrope at the best of times, but in my defence it's not me - it's people, sometimes they're just utterly disgusting.

I don't know if anyone elses 'maths' looks the same as mine, but this weeks events have gone a long way towards gently rocking my face from side to side in a disapproving manner.

The Nobel Peace Prize committee have awarded Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo (in what seems to be a transparent attempt at making the Chinese look bad on the world stage),

For the record; ill-advised, ill-conceived and not that clever is my final judgement on the matter. As somebody from 'the bits' I can quite deftly say that's not how you 'drop a par', especially during the same week that it has come to light that Britain is lagging behind in terms of worldwide academic rankings

It's really hard to strike at the credibility of a person or nation when they are clearly better than you in any visible and measurable way - China came top in all the previously mentioned academic rankings.

The irony of the current political climate is profound, as all of this is happening at the same time as a lot of 'my generation' are being forced to fight for an affordable education - even though official records show we're already 'not smart enough'.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out, whilst the Peoples Republic of China are showing their aptitude on the world stage, the United Kingdom with its plump and disillusioned middle class, its increasingly alienated and criminalised working / underclass and swollen elite is looking farcical.


All I know is Camilla's face look's like she's going "What!? Are they shouting Republic!?!?"

And the answer is we probably should be, it really looks like it's us or them.

I really don't understand ideas like Royal Entitlement, but I do know that we all want education and oppurtunities.

I Double dare one of these Fat Cats to say 'let them eat cake', because a lots happened this decade. All the gullible young people have been blown to bits already, only us malcontents are still here, and frankly where itching for a fight with the holders of purse strings.

The same way you can't easily par the Chinese, my Generation will neither sit nor stand for such nonsense.

WE WILL JUST RIOT INIT.



No comments:

Post a Comment