Tuesday 15 March 2011

Oi what you looking at....


There are 2 things I can say about the single: it’s most certainly grime (more so than most singles by currently successful ‘urban artists’), it’s not the best from the artist formerly known as ‘Doogz’.
I’m just picky...  so seeing as I’ve previously heard Goodz ‘go blind’, I didn’t go crazy about this.
Between tracks already in the public domain such as Gunshot and Letter to Titch, and tracks from the Boyz in the Hood era (pre- Titch’s incarceration) that are harder to find - this is not his greatest. It is however his most commercial tune to date, and although I have my doubts about this track, it is still sick!
Thoroughly Grime at the same time as being catchy enough to ‘do the rounds’ chart-wise.
He showcases his versatility in terms of flow and the productions good, but it’s just a bit too aesthetic for me. I’ve heard Goodz ‘go in’ before (believe me!); this track feels more like a teaser, but that’s okay, I’m sure the next ones gonna be lava.

My verdict – Straight cop! Furthermore, familiarise yourself with the works of this young Gentleman, he has been and still is an important part of Grime.

Overall - 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment